Nominations are accepted from April 15 - June 30. All nominations must be submitted through our online submission site during that time. If you require an alternate format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations and supporting materials will not be accepted by email or by post.
Materials must be in English
You will be asked to provide:
- Name, position, institution, professional address, email address, and phone number of the nominee.
- Name, position, institution, professional address, email address, and phone number of the nominator.
- Nomination statement describing the public engagement activities that form the basis for the nomination.
- This statement of no more than 2 pages should discuss the nominee’s approach to public engagement. The statement must show how the work is the result of a dialogue with the public. It should emphasize the nominee’s public engagement goal(s), intended audience(s), and message(s), as well as the level and type of dialogue achieved with their audiences, evaluation of public engagement work, and examples of how public engagement has affected the nominee’s scientific work.
- More information about AAAS’s approach to public engagement is available here.
- At least two (up to five) representative samples or other documentation which illustrate or describe the nominee’s public engagement contributions
- Samples should exhibit the activities discussed in the statement and further contribute to the narrative of the nomination, showing different representations of the breadth of their public engagement.
- Letters of support (up to 2) from colleagues can also be provided; note that letters count toward the five sample/document limit.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Limit CV to five pages, with a specific section highlighting public engagement activities distinct from work that is required as part of the nominee’s job. If the CV is longer than five pages, only the first five pages will be considered.
All materials submitted become the property of AAAS. Inquiries may be directed to the Center for Public Engagement with Science and Technology via email.